SoundCloud Announces the Launch of Creative Projects from this Year’s “First On SoundCloud” Featured Artists
New York, NY – September 23, 2021 -- Marking the culmination of the 2021 First on SoundCloud artist accelerator program, SoundCloud today announced the full line-up of milestone creative projects from the featured artists: Otis Kane, Charmaine, Payday, Lourdiz, Ela Minus, Sofia Mills, Kid Quill and Pa Salieu. From first-ever live performances to passion projects, each authentic, career-making moment is co-produced by the artists and inspired by their unique creative journey.
The line-up kicks off with a performance by star producer turned singer-songwriter Otis Kane in Los Angeles on September 24th. Backed by his full band, Otis will perform tracks from his recently released debut album Purple BLUE, which includes his powerful opus “Run,” inspired by the wave of global youth standing up to social injustice. Additionally, Otis will perform a new, unreleased single, “Every Word” dropping the day of the event. During the evening’s performance, Otis will be joined by poet Tyris Winters and the West Los Angeles Children’s Choir.
Commenting on the project he co-created with SoundCloud, Otis Kane said, “I’m so excited to bring Purple BLUE to life for an amazing intimate group of friends and family. I want this performance to not only bring people into my world, but to also highlight my belief in empowering the next generation of creators and professionals to live their dreams and mold the future as they see it. Super grateful to SoundCloud and the 'First On SoundCloud’ program for putting this event together. It will definitely be one to remember!”
The full line up of First On SoundCloud creative projects include:
- Charmaine: Known for her iconic nail art, Charmaine will host a one-of-a-kind pop-up experience for fans in her hometown of Toronto. The pop-up event will debut an original set of nail designs created in collaboration with her personal nail artist and inspired by her forthcoming single and music video, “BBM (Bad Bitch Mentality)”. Guests who RSVP will be able to reserve a slot to experience an exclusive manicure and catch an exclusive world premiere of “BBM (Bad Bitch Mentality)” before it drops.
- Payday: Following the release of her latest mixtape “Rap In a Can” due out this Friday (9/24), the genre-defying artist brings together her two passions - music and skating - for her first-ever fan event in her hometown of Los Angeles. Hosted at her favourite local skate park, this one-of-a-kind fan experience unites her community of family, friends and fans soundtracked by a live DJ and special fan giveaways.
- Ela Minus: The Colombia-born electronic music soundscaper will stage her first major immersive art installation, influenced by her acclaimed LP Acts of Rebellion. Collaborating with visual artist Zach Lieberman, fans will be immersed in a visual world inspired by her album including projection mapping, light installations, and a very special surprise.
- Sofia Mills: The indie-pop singer-songwriter will debut her first-ever music video for an upcoming new track in collaboration with award-winning director Christina Xing.
- Kid Quill: Hot off the stage of Lollapalooza, rapper Kid Quill’s next LP is on the way in 2022 and he has hand-picked a production team to create an epic music video for the debut track to be released later this year.
- Lourdiz: Singer, songwriter, and producer Lourdiz will turn heads with a series of her first-ever billboards throughout Los Angeles and key markets including her hometown of San Antonio in promotion of her latest single dropping this Friday (9/24) “Get Along” feat. Shenseea.
- Pa Salieu: Rising Gambian-British rapper Pa Salieu will collaborate on a special project to reach fans across the globe with details to be announced shortly.
- SoFaygo: Atlanta rapper SoFaygo gave his first-ever live performance to a sold out crowd this summer for fans in his hometown.
“For a rising artist, achieving a career building project like a first-ever live show, fan event, or music video is an integral milestone, opening up new avenues for promotion and helping them bolster connections with their day-one fans while reaching wider audiences and new fanbases,” said Leon Sherman, Editorial Director, SoundCloud. “Putting the strength of the SoundCloud platform and world class artist support behind these milestone moments is at the core of First on SoundCloud’s accelerator program and we honoured to be able to collaborate with each artist and their teams to bring each of their dream projects to life.”
Launched earlier this year, First on SoundCloud’s accelerator program is focused on dedicated investment in co-creating each artist’s early career milestones to help drive their long-term success. Throughout the year, First on SoundCloud has not only provided artists with the opportunity to create their own career-firsts but it has also been a catalyst for many other career changing experiences including the live soundscapes of Ela Minus being played during Chanel’s runway show at Paris Fashion Week and Kid Quill gracing the stage of Lollapalooza. First on SoundCloud has been a platform for priceless new connections, first sync offers, and star collaborations for the 2021 featured artist class.
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company, powered by an ecosystem of artists, listeners, and curators on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 250 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud.