The Multi-Phased Program Invests in the Growth of 9 Emerging Artists Across Genres Championed by Fans and Selected by SoundCloud
“First on SoundCloud” 2022 Artist Class Includes EKKSTACY, Isabella Lovestory, Kelow LaTesha, KenTheMan, Nezi Momodu, Pote Baby, riela, ROSEMARIE, and TITUS
New York, NY, April 19, 2022 – SoundCloud today unveiled the next wave of emerging artists selected to be part of its First on SoundCloud 2022 class. Championed by fans on SoundCloud and hand-selected by SoundCloud’s music team, EKKSTACY, Isabella Lovestory, Kelow LaTesha, KenTheMan, Nezi Momodu, Pote Baby, riela, ROSEMARIE, and TITUS will work directly with SoundCloud to co-produce tangible, career-defining moments to deepen artist-to-fan connections that originated on SoundCloud and create unique opportunities to reach new audiences. Check out the introduction video featuring the 2022 artist class to learn more and listen to their hottest tracks in a SoundCloud exclusive playlist.
Since launching in 2018, SoundCloud’s artist discovery program has helped propel rising sensations that first launched their careers on the platform like Grammy-nominated artists Kehlani and Baby Rose, breakout DJ Cuppy, fast-rising rapper Che Lingo, and chart topper Lil Tecca amongst others. In 2021, First on SoundCloud evolved into a year-long artist program investing in a group of breakout artists by helping them to reach career “first” milestones and connect with fans including SoFaygo’s first live performance to a sold out audience in his hometown of Atlanta, Charmaine’s one-of-a-kind music video release party in Toronto, a first-ever interactive fan event held an LA skate park for Payday, and a narrative film bringing the full artist class together for their cinematic debut.
“This group of 9 artists, each with their own sounds and identities, represent the next wave of stars in music on the cusp of breakout success — from breakout rapper KenTheMan to alt-rock inspired TITUS,” says Erika Montes, VP of Global Artist and Label Partnerships at SoundCloud. “Like so many of today’s most influential artists first discovered on SoundCloud, these emerging artists are growing their communities and connections with day-one fans on the platform. The First on SoundCloud program is about that unique journey, and we and we can’t wait to create new opportunities with them to amplify their careers and share memorable experiences with their fans on SoundCloud and beyond.”
"SoundCloud is for the people! It's created a space for all kinds of artists to communicate and connect,” says Kelow LaTesha. “I've been on SoundCloud from the start, and it's great to be recognized and working with First on SoundCloud to build connections and help more fans discover my music."
Powered by SoundCloud’s artist development experts, artist resources, and artist-fan communities, First on SoundCloud 2022 will feature:
- Exclusive content featuring artist interviews and a sneak peek behind-the-scenes at their “First on SoundCloud” photoshoots across SoundCloud’s social channels.
- An original docuseries diving deep into the artist's individual stories, from their unique backgrounds that helped shape their creative identities to the memorable make or break moments in their careers.
- Access to a fund to support original creative projects co-produced by the artist and SoundCloud, helping artists to reach a career “first” milestone such as their first live show, music video, or partner collaboration.
- A special event bringing together the full First on SoundCloud 2022 artist class and the SoundCloud community to celebrate their music and creative journey.
- KenTheMan: Repping Houston, TX, KenTheMan is known for her breakout single “He Be Like” and recent EP What’s My Name including track “Rose Gold Stripper Pole” ft. 2Chainz, which Rolling Stone included in their top 20 “Best Hip Hop Albums of 2021.” KenTheMan is currently working on her debut album due out later this year.
- Isabella Lovestory: Honduras-born Latin-pop artist writes intoxicating songs pulling from a range of influences like reggaeton, experimental, alternative electronic, and beyond. Her debut EP Mariposa has set the stage for her unique brand of versatile Perreo-pop, with fans eagerly awaiting her next move.
- ROSEMARIE: This LA-based R&B artist discovered by Roddy Ricch’s manager is known for her breakout tracks “Henny Talk,” “Catch 22,” and “Vision.” She’s currently working to launch all new music and embarks on her first-ever tour this year.
- Kelow LaTesha: A dynamic fixture in the DMV rap scene, Kelow LaTesha garnered acclaim and a range of fans following the release of her definitive album TSA. Proving her ability to innovate and transcend genres, Kelow is set to release new music in 2022.
- EKKSTACY: This genre-bending artist is making big moves in 2022 – he recently dropped a song with HEALTH, currently working on his sophomore album, and will be touring across the US and Europe beginning this spring.
- Nezi Momodu: Often referred to as "The Wordplay Queen,” Nezi made a mission to pursue eclectic music and art to encourage younger generations to "let their work speak for themselves.” Aside from being a hip-hop artist, Nezi is also a painter and has created murals and her own album covers.
- riela: The Miami-raised musician conjures a variegated soundscape of reggaeton beats, R&B, and pop informed by a multi-lingual, multi-sensory childhood in South Florida. riela crafts a very particular kind of music, mellow and tortured, tough and tender.
- Pote Baby: Savannah rapper Pote Baby is set to release his next project Turtle Crossing in 2022 on top of a May tour with EarthGang. He will also be giving back to his community with his 3rd annual city event “Pote Day 2022” in his hometown.
- TITUS: The alt-rocker’s calling card is his versatile songwriting. He is credited on 070 Shakes’s single “Guilty Conscience” off her debut album, recently released his “Lost Valley” EP, and is working on his own debut album for 2022.
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company, powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and curators on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 300 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud.